Learn to drum for fun and for your physical and spiritual wellbeing. Master effective and universal rhythms.
This is a unique, alternative way to maintain your emotional balance.
By drumming you will work on;
- a healthy posture
- physical toning
- mental health
- explore social interaction and relationships
- how to use both hemispheres of the brain
What you can hope to achieve
- improved posture and body tone
- gain knowledge of ‘djembe drums’ and the art of drumming
- have fun and socialise
- learn universal rhythms
- explore drumming as an activity to maintain and improve mental health
What to bring/wear
- comfortable clothing
- pen and notepad
- a drum will be provided for you to use during class
- If you are required to purchase extra materials for your class, please check with the organising office prior to making the purchase.
- Please ensure mobile phones are off or on silent before entering the classroom.
- Classes are NOT HELD ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS unless otherwise advertised
Please note children must not attend this class unless it is a specified parent/child activity
Disability and special needs LINC Tasmania is committed to achieving open, equitable access and participation to a range of LearnXpress programs and courses. If you have a disability or medical condition which you think may impact on your ability to participate in a LearnXpress course, please complete the Special Needs Form available at: http://learnxpress.linc.tas.gov.au/enrolling, or contact the LearnXpress team: http://learnxpress.linc.tas.gov.au/contact. This will help us to make the necessary adjustments to maximise your enjoyment and experience in your chosen course. All enquiries are confidential.
Cancellations and Refunds
Please choose your course carefully. A full refund is payable in the event that a class is cancelled. No other refunds are considered except for extenuating circumstances which are supported by a written application.
For further information about this class, please contact the LearnXpress team: http://learnxpress.linc.tas.gov.au/contact, or check with the relevant delivery centre
- Burnie: (03) 6434 6282
- Devonport: (03) 6421 5200
- Hobart: (03) 6233 7237
- Launceston: (03) 6336 2802